Friday, January 9, 2009

Monsters

I think we can thank Del for this: (although I am not sure why??? Del?)


The other day, Tuesday to be exact, Dillon and I went to the grocery store and were checking out. This older lady came up behind us and was kind of talking to Dillon. He was not very receptive and kept saying, "mommy, go monster away," and would like throw his arm in her direction. When I realized what he was saying, I tried to make small talk with her so she wouldn't feel too bad, but he wouldn't stop saying it. She wasn't bad looking, not too monstorish anyhow. So then, on Wednesday we went to the Post Office (which Dillon was calling office post...kind of like Dillon Post). I had this burly box I was trying to tape up while he was standing in between my legs, hugging them and circling them like he was trying to hide. As I was waiting in line, he kept saying things like, "there's another one, monster," and "go home monster." And he was so serious. Then this motorcycle dude came in and was in line behind us and Dillon said, "no monster" really loud and the man said "Hi, I'm Kevin." It was pretty funny because Dillon kept calling him a monster and then wanted to 'hold you mommy.'


Where do kids get the darndest things that they say from? I am pretty sure that I haven't ever said half of those things and neither has Del. From the mouth of a two year-old at church during sacrament meeting just loud enough for the people behind us to hear: "don't touch me" aimed at me and, "mommy be quiet" and "don't like him, Colton" aimed at the teenage boy behind us. He is definitely our fireball.

But how can you not love a face like that?

3 comments:

linda said...

I just love the comments kids make! Cute pict.

Julie said...

lol...oh man...that is funny.

Unknown said...

Hi Nicole! I saw your blog from Angie's....It's nice to somehow keep in touch even if it is through cyberspace and I know the girls like seeing pictures of their friends in Lolo/Florence.