Thursday, November 27, 2008

And in everything give thanks. D&C 98:1

Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, and rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks. D&C 98:1

Ethan made this thankful list in primary at church. I thought it was great! Here it is:

I am thankful for Jesus because he died for us.

I am thankful for Oliver because he likes me to read to him.

I am thankful for Ethan because I am funny.

I am thankful for Mom because she makes dinner for us.

I am thankful for Dad because he loves me.


I asked Oliver what he was thankful for yesterday. Here is what he said:

I am thankful for mommy because she is nice and she makes cookies with me.

I am thankful for my brothers because they are fun to wrestle with.

I am thankful for Star Wars because it is so cool.

I am thankful for dad because he rides horses with me.

So, I asked Del what he was thankful for. Here is his list:

A free country
My family
A pair of blue jeans that fit just right
A good job
Team roping

If Dillon could understand the concept of being thankful, here is what he would say:

I am thankful for trains, mommy's truck, bananas, the kids coming off the bus (his brothers), and horse rides with daddy.

Here is my thankful list:

I am thankful for the beautiful scenery outside my house because it reminds me of God's love and just makes me happy.

I am thankful for my three boys who are so sweet to their mommy and love me regardless.

I am thankful for snow, without it their would me no snowboarding, sledding, adventurous driving, snow angels, snow forts, snow balls, snow days (remember those in Pinetop?) and no winter FUN!

I am thankful for my hubby, Del who is the most compassionate, romantic, thoughtful, sweet, and handsome person I know. And he looks really good in a pair of wranglers and a cowboy hat. And Del if you read this, I am really thankful for you, for all your hard work, for loving me despite all my flaws and for being the best daddy in the world.